16
Dec

Given your success in the healthcare sector, why did you decide to get an Executive MBA?marypan
At the time, I was head of public affairs for a major healthcare company, but I wanted a new career challenge – an executive position at a global company managing a large P&L. Though I was a top expert in my field of healthcare (biopharmaceutical and medical devices), I didn’t have a general management field of vision. I needed to break out of the narrow focus of my functional area and gain access to perspectives across my industry’s footprint. The IE Brown Executive MBA proved to be an excellent solution.

Why IE Brown?
Having completed my undergraduate degree at Brown in Economics, Psychology, and Brown’s Program in Liberal Medical Education, I knew the value of Brown’s unique capacity to encourage new ways of seeing based on rigorous integration of data mined from multiple cultural and disciplinary perspectives. I knew that this was the broad general management thinking that I needed to lead companies in a global and rapidly evolving world.

Click to read Mary´s full interview.