29
Apr

The ladies of the class of 2015 take the stage

Written on April 29, 2014 by Caroline Quintanar in News

The class of 2015 opened just over a month ago and students are now  settling into the online campus which will be their home base for the next year.

This class has a great group of ladies and we asked a few to share with us some of their initial thoughts from their first residential period at Brown University.

Paula Salomao, a Brazilian consulting executive based in Japan, gave us a quick recap of her initial thoughts:

• What was exciting part of beginning the program? Having access to so many different opinions
  • In a nutshell, what was the most surprising? The dynamics!!
  • What has been the most difficult so far? The quantity of posts to read…

Her classmate Natalie Gabriel, a Swiss physician and alpinist, embellished a bit more on her expectations and experience:

I was travelling to Providence with a lot of expectations, but also some doubts, as I had no idea what or who awaited me there. Almost everything in these two weeks did not only meet my expectations, but far surpassed, what I had imagined expected. There were some exceptions, as for example the cold temperature or the quality of the filter coffee in the classroom building… I met many, many very nice and interesting people. The quality of the lectures was brilliant and all professors were extremely motivated. The support from the representatives of IE and Brown was always very helpful and created a favorable atmosphere. One of the things that most surprised and impressed me was my classmates. During the first days we admired our diversity (nations, professional background, languages…), but the more time we spent together the more I began to find the “sameness” regarding our approach to life, motivation for the program, personal background, fears. …and yes, the demand of time, energy and commitment for the program has also exceeded my initial expectations.

Fotor0429160138